Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Puddle Ducks of Bar Harbor - by Annika

The drake & his girls looking for food - by Caleb

My favorite animal is a duck. In the marina here there are three mallard ducks. There are two girls and a drake, we call them the puddle ducks. It is funny that the boy has two girls instead of one. I am wondering if they are going to have babies this year. The two girls have disappeared and we have only seen the one. Daddy thinks that they are nesting. If they are it is going to be fun watching them swimming and growing up.

A duck is my favorite animal because they are pretty and their ducklings are cute. Before we moved on the boat we had ducks, mine was a black one. Since we live on a boat I can't have one, instead my mom got me a giant stuffed mallard I use for a pillow, it is very comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment